Internal names for the columns

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the Fusion Chart webpart. Its working great for me, But I have couple of things to ask:

1) I have deployed this webpart using setup.exe into two web applications, in one web applications it is working fine but in the second even though it is appearing on the page and after giving all the values like list name etc it is not showing any chart or error. I think its better to include some more error's and validations.

2)Even in the webapplication where it is giving charts, the web part is not showing up all the columns of the list.

Suppose if we created a column name 'Area' and then changed its name to 'Location' then even though there is a location column in the list'view it is giving an error saying there is no column 'Location'. Because this webpart is looking for internal column names I think.

Regards,

Harish.

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Hi,

1) You are right, we are missing some control and error handling so far. We will work on it.

2) Strange behavior. Maybe it is due to the renaming of the column... I'll give it a try to see if this is normal or not. I have created a new issue regarding this problem : http://charts4sharepoint.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=11506

Laurent.