Download charts for sharepoint - RESOLVED

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I'm trying to download a fusion chart for sharepoint 2010. I hit the download button and it brings up two files
*FusionChartFree4Sharepoint2010.wsp
*install_solution

The installation guide says to click on the "setup.exe" and follow the instructions. Were is this file or does anyone know what I'm supposed to click on from this point.

Thank You!!
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM
That was meant to refer to a copy of SharePoint Solution Installer, which didn't get included in the release zip, because there was an issue. But that is pretty irrelevant to the use of the wsp anyway. You can just install the wsp manually and proceed to use it. Or if you like, you could use that included script file to help install it -- it should be named "install_solution.cmd" not "install_solution".

Or I've just created an updated release, and the SharePoint Solution Installer issue is fixed with the use of key PromptForWebApplication.
Mar 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Thank you for your help. I have download the most recent file and now it brings up the Setup.exe. I just have one more question. When I click on it to run it says that the file type is unknown is this still safe to run?

Thank You!!!
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM
The setup.exe file is, or should be, an exe file.

If your computer does not know how to run an exe file, then this sounds like probably a problem far outside of SharePoint or charts4sharepoint?

Maybe you need to work on your file type associations...