Chart from XML

Dec 28, 2010 at 9:18 PM

I want to do a combination chart (XML) from a SharePoint list.  I have the XML URL that includes the list ID and the view ID.  But the docs are lacking on describing the steps to take.  What is ( <label title="The Url of the Xml file that contains the data to generate the chart" for="ctl00_MSOTlPn_EditorZone_Edit1g_eda2e5cf_c225_4bdb_b770_5b0116464e59_ctl03_ChartXmlUrl_EDITOR">Chart Xml Url) and ( <label title="The Xml content that contains the data to generate the chart" for="ctl00_MSOTlPn_EditorZone_Edit1g_eda2e5cf_c225_4bdb_b770_5b0116464e59_ctl03_ChartXmlContent_EDITOR">Chart Xml Content)? </label></label>Does any one have an example on this that is not static data?

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2011 at 8:27 AM
The documentation needs to be updated but basically you need to : - create a new application page - parse your list in the application page code - generate an XML output from the parsing The XML output should be compliant with Fusion Charts. Note that those steps requires SharePoint development skills. Any decent SharePoint developer should be able to take those steps.
Feb 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Thank you for the insight.  I am no developer, I will have to figure this out.  I do like your charts and your group is doing a hell of a job.  Thank you