Quick install notes for 2010 users - OBSOLETE

Aug 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I just wanted to leave a few instructions for Sharepoint 2010 users on how I got this to work. I havent tested it extensivly, but I was able to creat a working pie chart...

1. The installer doesnt work with 2010 as it is hardcoded to look for 2007 so you have to manual install the solution. Do this by opening a command prompt and typing:
    1. cd\
    2. cd "Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN"
    3. stsadm -o addsolution -filename <path to FusionChartsSharePoint.wsp>
  2. Go to Central Admin > System Settings > Farm Management  > Manage farm solutions
  3. Deploy fusionchartssharepoint.wsp to you web application/s
  4. Go to the site collection where you deployed the web parts
  5. Go to Site Actions > Site settings > Site Collection Features
  6. Activate the 'Fusion Charts SharePoint' feature.
  7. Go and create your charts as per examples.

Hope this helps someone...

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Excellent ! I'll try to update the documentation with your steps.
Aug 16, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Followed the directions for this install, and I get the following error when trying to do step 6 (activation in site collection features:

"An Unexpected Error Has Occurred.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: 439e6af9-15fd-4883-8a7d-95f51b0b10bd"

Any ideas?

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Could you look at your log files (usually located here : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS), and copy/paste all lines with Correlation ID : 439e6af9-15fd-4883-8a7d-95f51b0b10bd ?

It will help to investigate the problem.

*camous

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:02 PM
Camous,
I apologize that it took so long to get back with you on this. I've attached the error log (in excel) with the correlation codes from our most recent activation error. This is happening when we try to activate FusionCharts in Site Collection Features for the http://mygovplace site collection. I noticed that some of the errors look to be occuring on the http://me site collection, which is our Sharepoint MySite collection. It runs in a totally different web application, so I'm not sure exactly why it's trying to do that. We have other web applications and site collections to, and they don't show up. Not sure if that's useful insight or not...we'd love to get this working!

Dan Smith

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 4:38 PM, camous <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Could you look at your log files (usually located here : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS), and copy/paste all lines with Correlation ID : 439e6af9-15fd-4883-8a7d-95f51b0b10bd ?

It will help to investigate the problem.

*camous

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (charts4sharepoint@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email charts4sharepoint@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM

I didn't see you attachment, could you attach it again ?

*camous

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM
Here it is again:

Dan Smith

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 1:06 PM, camous <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

*camous

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (charts4sharepoint@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email charts4sharepoint@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM
If it doesn't get through, it's probably because we're still in the codeplex discussion email thread - may need to be direct to your fusioncharts email...

Dan Smith

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Dan Smith <danjanahannahabbeyemma@gmail.com> wrote:
Here it is again:
On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 1:06 PM, camous <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

*camous

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 6:41 AM
SP2010 version is available from downloads page